Life with a Myositis Disease

The laughter and tears that come with living with Polymyositis

My Photo
Name:
Location: fort worth, texas, United States

Monday, June 04, 2007

Heartbroken....

I had to face a very hard fact today....my beloved retriever mix Teddy simply can't stay.

Both kiddos were down for a nap and I had Teddy on the floor with me hovering above him to shave his ears (guaranteed to cause a bit of anxiety) when one of my other dogs, Chloe came too close. Teddy snapped at her, missed and nailed me on the inner thigh.

I wound up bundling up both kids for a quick trip to the ER to get stitched up.

Most dogs learn how to give warnings....growl, nip, etc. Unfortunately, with Teddy's time on the streets, he never learned this lesson. Like pitbulls, when he bites he means it and if you are in the way (he NEVER bites people...just other animals) then you are looking at a serious bite.

I HATE this....most rescues automatically put down dog-aggressive dogs, and if I can't find a dog-savvy family to take him I could be condemning another poor dog to serious injury or death.

I am just sick - emotionally AND physically! I really love this dog.....but GOD - what if it had been a child in the way?!

Sick - I am just sick about this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear this.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home