Life with a Myositis Disease

The laughter and tears that come with living with Polymyositis

My Photo
Name:
Location: fort worth, texas, United States

Monday, August 29, 2005

Blast from the past!

Wow! The wonders of technology!! An old friend of mine from high school and college tracked me down via my blog site....I got an email from her, and as I generally delete any emails I don't recognize I nearly deleted hers. I have been trying to track her down off and on over the years, but as she changed her name haven't been successful. I am looking forward to doing some catching up!

I have been slowly making my way down my 'to-do' list from my hotel room on my days off. I am a little frustrated with my doctor search. The MDA was able to give me a referral, but the soonest I can get in is mid-October! I really don't want to wait that long to assess my progress on the prednisone weaning, or to check my response to the Methatrexate (some nasty side-effect potential there!) I made an appointment, and asked to be called with any cancellations, but will continue to search for someone with an earlier appointment who is familiar with Polymyositis. The doctor affiliated with the MDA is a neurologist, and I hear they tend to take a slightly different approach than rheumatologists do....should be interesting!

The dogs are doing pretty well down at Mom and Dad's, though Teddy has shown a previously unknown talent for escaping confinement. Heidi has rediscovered her strength, which means she can be tough to corral and point in the right direction for her morning constitutional....oops!

Still surviving the heat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home