Life with a Myositis Disease

The laughter and tears that come with living with Polymyositis

My Photo
Name:
Location: fort worth, texas, United States

Friday, July 01, 2005

Vacation

I've been on vacation this week. I don't often take vacation, and this is the first time I have ever taken vacation without a reason.

I need to do this more often.

My rheumy told me that I could resume exercising (it is not recommended during the disease onset as it can speed up muscle atrophy)....I didn't have the heart to tell him I wasn't exercising BEFORE my disease onset! ;-) I decided that resuming former activities would do, since these activities seemed to keep me in fine shape prior to my Polymyositis diagnosis. He also told me I could continue to reduce my prednisone dosage. Yippee! I wonder how long it will take to lose the moon face and acne? *sigh* I can't wait to look like 'myself' again!

I had another visit to the psychiatrist to check on my response to the anti-depressant medication....he was just as vocal as he was on the first visit, and I found myself weirdly hypnotised by his tongue which kept popping out like a gopher with ADD. I'm still not entirely sure which of us is in more need of medication.....

So - this week has been a combination of frittering my time away surfing the web, doctors' appointments and completing a lot of the home improvements that had been interrupted. I am trying to make sure that the house is in good condition in case I actually get a job offer that takes me to Texas and I need to place it on the market. By the way - thanks a LOT for those encouraging comments on Texas weather! I can feel my hair curling already.....

I know, I know - boooring post! I can't help it! Nothing interesting happened this week in my little, little world but my mother keeps asking when I am going to post again!

This one's for you Mom!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said...

Not boring at all. Sounds like a lot is actually happening. I'm glad that you got to take a vacation. Good luck with the home improvements. Nice post.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home