Life with a Myositis Disease

The laughter and tears that come with living with Polymyositis

My Photo
Name:
Location: fort worth, texas, United States

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Why Texas??

I just found out that my brother and his family are moving to Texas....cheaper than Seattle and closer to my parents, who would then be able to help out with the kids (my nephew has a rare genetic condition that affects his mobility). Plus, my sister-in-law found it personally offensive that the Republicans lost their case.

I moved to Seattle for two reasons - I love the northwest, and I wanted to be near family....and now they're all leaving?? Even my uncle is going to be living in NewMexico 6 months of the year.

Forgive the whine, but I HATE the heat. I hate to sweat, I hate the lethargy, I am a pale Irish/Italian/Dane who blisters instead of tanning....yeesh! I asked my company about open positions in Texas...I guess this will tell me if they really would like me out of their hair, or just out of the high-volume store. My mother is trying, unsuccessfully, to hide the fact that she is beside herself with excitement at the idea of all of us being so close.

Texas....don't they get tornados there? At least you get some warning, I guess. A fair trade-off for earthquakes??

Texas....hmph! I guess you can get used to anything, even 100% humidity.

Texas.........

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two years and I haven't adjusted nor wanted to with the 100% humidity. We are in our 5th-100-plus-obsessively-humid day! And it only looks to get worse as actual showers are moving in this weekend, to make the 4th of July incredibly unbearable!

I love heat, but I'm looking for dry heat, maybe more west and South for me.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home